A Little About Me
A little bit about the person behind the blog Adalinc to Life. Hi, I’m Bonnie. I believe we all have something, that something inside that lights ourselves up and those around us. Sometimes we lose our way, sometimes we have not discovered it yet. Our adult life is bombarded with responsibilities and commitments and we can get lost. But what if we could find ourselves again?
These lovelies in the photo are my darlings. On the blog I refer to them as Mr. Black Licorice (10 year old son) because he loves the stuff and I hate the stuff, Mr. Yoda ( 8 year old son) because that is his favourite Star Wars character, and Miss Ballerina (6 year old daughter) because she loves to dance.
What if we could rediscover that light inside ourselves that brings us joy? That has been my journey. Rediscovering myself through this blog and books and I should add my new love of learning how to draw, paint and create all kinds of things. Two years ago I participated in Ali Edwards OLW (one little word ) project and my word for the year was ENERGY. I felt every area in my life needed an energy boost. I’m a work in progress but I believe in learning, growing and moving forward. I’m not a big fan of negative energy. Here in this community and blog I will continue to have the Adalinc to Life blog as a positive space to grow and learn as a mother, wife, woman.
Things you need to know about me:
- Mother to 3 and a wife
- Former High School Teacher
- Writer – currently working on a few picture book projects
- I have been practicing mindfulness since I was in my 20s.
- I’m trying to navigate my 40s decade with grace & thirst to continue to learn.
- I’m an Abundant Mama Alumni
- I have been a bowling coach, softball coach, basketball and debate/speech club coach.
- Love, love, love Coffee
- Pepsi over Coke
- Rediscovered new love of Young Adult Fiction
- Favourite TV Shows: CSI, Criminal Minds, Bones
- Game of Thrones addicted
- Favourite Clothing Stores: Reitmans, Northern Reflections
- Love So You Think You Can Dance (Will be seeing the top 10 performance when the come to my city and I will be in the front row)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Peppermint Mocha’s or Hot Chocolate Fav Winter Drink
Here are some of latest drawings or practice:
One of my paint night paintings.
Drawing is my big obstacle especially learning about how to draw people. Here I was learning how to draw the dimensions of a face on a gridded paper.
Here is my Pinterest Board that will give more of glimpse into the person behind Adalinc to Life.
Educator, Writer, Blogger, Mom
Contact Me: Bonniedani@adalinc.org