FEBRUARY INSTAGRAM LOVE LINKY AND GIVEAWAY
Well it is the month of hearts, chocolates and love. This is not a post about Valentine’s Day though, but instead a platform building love project. With the growing popularity of Instagram online companies, bloggers, advertisers simply can not ignore this platform. When I first started my Instagram account almost 3 years ago I joined as a way to find out about the app and how it worked. I had not even started my blog yet but I was thinking about it and I knew the two would be linked together. I do not have a photography background and have had a huge learning curve. Actually with any platform new or old, we are always in a constant state of learning. But that is also what makes it so much fun and interesting! I mainly a book/mom/social media blogger and my goal for February to grow Instagram. I recently pasted the 500 mark on my Instagram account and would love to learn how to grow and maximize this social medium even more for writers, book bloggers, illustrators, creative entrepreneurs, mom bloggers etc… If this sounds like something you would also like to do then I hope you will join me and link up your Instagram account below and any helpful Instagram posts as well. To celebrate I thought I would hold my first ever Instagram Love Linky and giveaway to show my appreciation. Later this month I will try holding my first Instagram Giveaway over on my Instagram account. No Instagram account that is ok you can enter my birthday celebration rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of this post so don’t forget to enter that giveaway.
First, 10 Things About Me on Instagram:
- Through my account I try to give you a behind the scenes look at what I blog about whether it be about books, kid activities, my learning activities, planner posts or my quest of personal development.
- I do not follow private accounts, unless I know you from interactions elsewhere on social media.
- I usually do not follow wrapping accounts. If ever other photo is of a wrap result and I do check then I’m not likely to follow back. I’m not in the market for weight loss through wraps. However, if your account is more than just wraps then you might see me follow you.
- All the photos are taken with my iPhone or iPad by me or sometimes my kids. Copyright and all that. Please ask for permission before using.
- I do follow a variety of accounts. Book lovers, bloggers, healthy eating/inspirational, food, brand accounts, creative accounts, planners accounts, teachers and local accounts.
- I do participate in giveaways by others all the time in the hopes that I might win something super one day. That day has not arrived yet.
- I sometimes try to participate in monthly challenges but I usually don’t make it all the way. C’est la vie, they are cool though to give you inspiration, focus and meet new people.
- I wish Instagram had clickable links in the comments, however, that would probably lead to a lot of spam comments. If I like something I know I can click in your profile and go to your site.
- I find people far more likely to reply to a comment on Instagram if you @mention them which is so cool.
- I’m a visual person and well I love Instagram because it is so visual and so many people are so incredible creative with their accounts. I love that!
Second, I have curated a list of valuable Instagram posts to hopefully also help us grow our Instagram love over the month of February.
- Over at The Blog Market they have curated a list of key hashtags to use when posting on Instagram. Hashtags are crucial on Instagram to grow your community and to connect with other likeminded individuals. In their post you will find hashtags for lifestyle, diy, creative and small biz bloggers. Definitely a look see.
- Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage has an abundant amount of tips on how she grew her Instagram following and she even teaches you how to pin an Instagram photo to a Pinterest board. Very useful information and lots of great stuff to help us all out.
- Emylee Williams at Think Creative Collective in this post explains the pros and cons of how to hold different types of Instagram Contests or Giveaways.
- Sarah over at Venus Trapped In Mars did a ridiculous amount of work curating hashtags to grow your account. She even tested it out with an account that had 0 followers. Definitely worth the read.
One linky will be just for Instagram Accounts Only. Please feel free to add your account and follow at least 1 person in front of your link. But the more you follow the more yours will grow. This is a linky to build our accounts so it would be great if you also shared the linky. Over on Instagram use the hashtag #adalincinstagramlove See the first Linky Below.
The second linky is for anyone who would like to share a post that they feel would help others grow their Instagram account. With any Instagram posts I will pin them to my Adalinc Blogging Board on Pinterest as well likely share my favourites on Social Media/Blogging Boards I also participate in. Over on Instagram use the #adalincinstagramlove. See Second Linky below.
[tweetthis]Link & Build with the Adalinc Instagram February Linky #adalincinstagramlove @adalinc3[/tweetthis]
I am a small modest blog but I have gathered a few of my favourite things together to give to 1 lucky winner. I love stationary, coffee, journaling. I will be of course hosting the giveaway over on Instagram so head over to my Instagram Account and look for the giveaway picture follow the instructions and then your done.
Now for finding new friends: the first link up is just for your Instagram Account so make sure you put in the url to your Instagram account so people can find you over there. Do not link up any blog posts here. If you have a blog post about using Instagram please link up that post in the second linky.
[inlinkz_linkup id=605161 mode=1]
[inlinkz_linkup id=605167 mode=1]
WAIT, What if you don’t have an Instagram account? Don’t worry, I still want to share my favourite things with you as well. So here is a separate giveaway just for following me on my blog. Thank you for sharing your time with me.
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION GIVEAWAY – A small thank you for spending time with me here. I appreciate all of you who take the time to leave comments and connect with me here on my blog and this is my way of thanking you just a little bit. Two of my favourite things. A journal to take with you to your local Starbucks to spend some quiet time.
Prize: One winner will receive 1 new Orange Circle Studios Journal and 1 $15 Starbucks Gift Card.
Contest Closes: February 18, 2016 at 12:00am.
Open to: Canada or US Residents
How to Enter: Please enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
Terms and Conditions: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. A winner will be randomly drawn using the Rafflecopter widget below and will be contacted by email within 48 hours after the contest ends. The winner will then have 72 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond in 72 hours, a new draw will take place for a new winner. Odds of winning will vary depending on eligible entries received. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. A Canadian winner will be asked a skill testing question via their email given as a part of this giveaway. This giveaway is hosted and managed by Bonnie Dani from Adalinc to Life. If you have any additional questions – please send an email to bonniedani(at)adalinc(dot)org.
Disclosure: This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Starbucks or Orange Circle Studios. I was not compensated by them to include them in my giveaway. It is my birthday giveaway and I just wanted to share 2 of my favourite things. I will always openly disclose when a giveaway is sponsored by a third party.